The Equity crew riffs on the Intuit-Mailchimp news
Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture-capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
We are back! From this morning, I suppose. But the news cycle doesn’t wait for our publishing schedule, so the Equity crew got together to yammer all about the Intuit-Mailchimp acquisition.
A $12 billion deal composed of stock and cash, it’s a big one. And as Mailchimp has both a history of bootsrapping and a founding story in a non-Silicon Valley city we had lots to chat about.
As a general reminder, if you do listen to the show, hit us up on Twitter as we are doing more and more of these Spaces. They are good and relaxed fun, so don’t take them too seriously. We like to have fun.
Alright, Equity is back on Wednesday with our regularly scheduled programming. Chat then!
Equity drops every Monday at 7:00 a.m. PDT, Wednesday, and Friday at 6:00 a.m. PDT, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the casts!
- Google Assistant Driving Mode Interface Gets Home Screen UI Makeover
- Indonesia-based Rey Assurance launches its holistic approach to insurance with $1M in funding
- Google Files Brings ‘Smart Storage’ to Free Up Device Storage
- The next big startup may just help venture back more startups
- Bundle The Roborock S7 & Auto-Empty Dock For $759
- Gillmor Gang: Life Goes On